Recommended procedures for closing the year in Printer's Plan:
Although there are no "required" Year-End Closing Procedures in Printer's Plan, we strongly recommend that you do the following before January 1st.
- Enter all payments you have received.
- Post all orders you have shipped.
- Back up your PlanData: Before you enter any data into Printer's Plan in the new year, save a copy of the database file, PlanData.mdb, to a backup location, such as a zip
disk, CD, or another computer's hard disk. Rename the copied file. Example: PlanData-YearEnd-2010.mdb.
Suggestion: Make a full backup by copying the whole Printer's Plan folder on your server onto removable media, such as a CD or DVD.
- Print an Aging Report.
- Print key reports by month and by year. Suggestions:
In the Reports section of Printer's Plan, print Posting Reports, A/R Reports, Comparison Reports, At a Glance Reports, and Sales by Reports. If you have the optional QuickSale
tool, open the 'Quick Sale' folder and print the 'Summary by
If you are unable to close the year before January 1st:
You can still close the year. Do the following before entering any new data in the new year:
- Close Printer's Plan on all computers.
- Change the system date of one of your computers to December 31 of the year ended.
- Open Printer's Plan on this computer only.
- Follow the recommended procedures above.
- Close Printer's Plan.
- Return the system date of the computer to the correct date.